Thursday, December 25, 2008

"I don't want Santa to come in my house tonight"

On our way home from the Gillespie family party last night Eva was being extra quiet. All of a sudden we heard her whimpering. . .

Eva: "I don't want Santa to come in my house tonight"
And then the bawling began . . .
Rosie: "No problem, Santa does not have to come to our house tonight"
Still Bawling . . .
Eva: "But what about the presents??"

My heart was just breaking, I could tell she was so torn between being scared to death & wanting presents. I am thinking to myself, why don't I just tell her that Santa is just a story. But she would not believe me . . . because she saw Santa and even sat on his lap.
Daddy saves the day . . .
Bart: "Why don't I meet Santa someplace and get the presents and bring them back to the house"
The bawling stops
Eva: "Thanks Daddy, thats a great plan" "Can you take him the cookies too?"

I ask myself this question, Why do we start our children's lives out with a bunch of lies? Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny! People say that it is worth the magic & imagination that it brings . . . but all that it has brought to us is fear . . . hmmmmmmm?

Christmas morning was a hit, Bart was able to meet Santa and fill the stockings. Eva & Stella had a magical morning with no tears & lots of love. And we did it without Santa coming to the house. Who would have thought!

Christmas photos to come . . .

4 comments:

brit said...

ha ha! awesome bart, way to save the day! merry christmas, g's!

Kelsey said...

Wait a sec...Santa is just a story?

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Eva is so stinkin' cute!
I LOVE the X-mas and Sun Valley pics. You have darling little girls!

Stacy said...

Kids are so sweet and innocent! I love it!